SLITTER OPERATORS NEEDED FOR 1ST & 2ND SHIFTS
Monday – Friday with regular work hours! NO ROTATING SHIFTS!
Pay based on experience + potential monthly bonus!
Medical insurance and paid time off available, and 401k & match coming soon!
Job purpose: Slit master rolls of plastic into smaller rolls based on customer specifications, while following best practices, quality programs, safety regulations, and GMP procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work from established procedures, written or verbal instructions
- Full slitting process from loading rolls, setting blades, threading the machine, run rolls to spec, unload rolls, package for shipping
- Cut cores to specified length
- Prepare packaging for shipments including box assembly, labeling, banding, shrink wrapping, and weighing of skids
- Assist other operators with their duties to ensure a continuous production flow
- Visually inspect master rolls and slit rolls for imperfections
- Perform routine cleaning duties on equipment and work area; pest control
- Completion of paperwork/data entry for weight slips, inspection sheets, and production quantities
- Rework of failed material
- Manage storage of raw materials and finished product; notify manager of supply shortages
- Strict adherence to Food Safety, GMP, Quality, & Safety documented procedures and policies; act as back-up to Production Manager
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 18+ years of age
- Ability to safely operate a sit-down forklift
- Strong mechanical aptitude; able to precisely read a tape measure
- Basic skills with MS Excel
- Communication skills, both verbal and written, proficiency in English
- Able to work well unsupervised; able to work independently
- Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task required
- Computer skills to include MS Excel and data entry
- Must represent the company in a positive manner at all times
- Must be able to pass background check and drug screens
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Must be able to communicate verbally
- Must have keen eyesight to set up the machine; Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- Must have hearing within normal hearing ranges
- Must have finger dexterity
- Must wear hairnet at all time in production area, and beard net if applicable
- Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to lift and move 50 lbs. routinely
- Exposure to varied temperatures within work area: severe heat, cold, dampness
Please email resume to email@example.com and incude a well thought out cover letter explaining why you think that you are good for the position. Since this is an entry level sales position, if you do not provide the cover letter explaining why you are good for the position, your resume will not be considered. Remember this is a sales position, we expect you to sell yourself in the letter.